Practical Pet Care
Ms. Ryan Hitchcock
Practical Pet Care offers the perfect guilt free solution for what to do with your loved one while you are away or just working long hours. Check out all of our services to decide which one best suits your individual needs.
BOARDING or DAYCARE
(Transportation services and Dog washing available)
K-9 camp is a non-traditional kennel located on a small farm in north Gwinnett County. We are an owner operated, personalized boarding and daycare facility housing on average 6 to 10 dogs. Here on the farm we can guarantee each camper receives a great deal of individual attention not found with the larger facilities. We provide a safe, friendly environment for healthy pets to run, jump, and play with others while enjoying all the sights and sounds of life on a farm.
Here at camp your pet will be given the opportunity to learn how to socialize well with others and be able to practice those skills regularly. K-9 Camp wants to make your pet's stay as enjoyable and stress - free as possible. We understand each pet is an individual, and we'll go above and beyond to make sure that he/she gets the specific care they need.
How new dogs are introduced into the camp pack :
In order for your dog to feel safe , remain calm and have a smooth integration, we first allow them to settle into their surroundings before introducing them to any campers. They are then evaluated to see which group best suits him/her. When ready, they are introduced to another well socialized dog(s) selected for bringing out the best in every variety of personalities. Our goal is for your pet to accept his new friends and the surroundings at his own pace. With over 18 years of experience, studying canine behavior and having a back ground in training, we have actually found that dogs without previous socialization can become comfortable, confident and even acquire new friends. By nature dogs are social animals and thrive when allowed to interact and play with other dogs.
This is a home based business. To ensure that someone will be here to assist you, ALL Pick ups and Drop offs from Camp are done by APPOINTMENT ONLY between 8AM and 8PM
Transportation to/from Camp can be arranged Monday thru Friday between 11AM and 2PM. Holidays excluded.
To ensure the safest environment for all campers, we require:
· Vaccinations: All K-9 campers must provide written proof from your local Veterinarian that they are current on vaccinations; including Rabies, DHLPP and Bordetella. (Vaccinations provide the best protection when given at least one week prior to boarding.) Puppies 12 weeks and over must have at least 2 series of puppy vaccines before attending any camp activities.
· Flea control: To ensure all campers come and go pest free, we require everyone to be on a topical flea treatment program and to have been administered within the past three weeks (approved brands : Frontline, Advantage, K-9 Advantix or Revolution). Any dog found to have fleas when entering any camp activities will be given capstar and you will be charged a $10. fee per pet.
· Healthy: All dogs must be free of any signs of illness or ill health including but not limited to: diarrhea, loose stool, yellow/green eye discharge, vomiting, or unexplained skin rash. If your dog has any signs of illness a written explanation from your veterinarian will be required before being allowed into camp.
· Collars: All dogs should arrive and leave Camp on a leash. While at camp we remove all collars with tags, as they have posed problems with getting caught in the fencing and the mouths of other playmates. If you would like your collar to remain on, please remind us each time your dog comes to Camp. No choke chains allowed.
· Spayed/Neutered: Due to the pushy and territorial behaviors of unaltered dogs and to ensure we provide the best protection for all campers, all animals over the age of 7 months that are not spayed or neutered will be provided an individual play yard and will be charged an additional fee ($2./ night )
· No aggressive dogs: Dogs that are known to be aggressive towards people or show signs of being aggressive towards me will NOT be accepted to camp.
PET SITTING or FARM CARE
We provide specialized care in the comforts of home. Over 18 years experience working with a wide variety of domestic and exotic animals.
Serving areas of: Lawrenceville, Dacula, Auburn, Carl, Winder, Statum, Bold Springs, and Bethlehem. Please check with us if you do not see your area listed.
Prior to your leaving town, we will come out to do a free set up visit. This visit allows us to become familiar with your pet(s) , learn their daily routines and where supplies are located.
All visits last approximately 30 minutes long and are customized to fit you and your pets specific needs.
Pet Sitting (within 10 mile radius)
1 visit per day........................ $25
2 visits per day....................... $45
Farm quotes are determined during the free setup visit, once we have discussed your particular needs and the services that will be required.